Monday, August 30, 2010

Getting started

Gday, I suppose I should introduce myself, my name is Michael I am a recent graduate of Architecture and have been working in the field for a small firm for about 3 years. My partner and I have purchased a block of land in regional Victoria of 2.5 acres approx 50m x 200m. Now for the last few months I have been putting together the plans and they are nearly complete.

We have decided to build our house through the owner builder type construction with myself and family and friends helping out as we know a fair few of the trades as well as subcontract out any of the work that legally we cant do or want to get someone qualified to do.

Im putting this blog together to help document our process and if it helps a few people in a similar situation along the way thats great. I will try to cover all the steps that we go through but i might miss some out and this isn't meant to be a definitive guide or a complete list as every project is different and u should seek advice from the appropriate professionals like Architects, Builders, your local council and anyone else that would be relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment